The word "AMAZING", is more than AMAZING
Dictionaries describe “Amazing” as causing astonishment, great wonder, or surprise.
In 2014, amazing made Huffington Post’s list of most overused words of the year, along with twerk, selfie, and hashtag. While the word originally meant “causing overwhelming surprise or astonishment,” but is often used as a general, positive descriptor like “great” or “cool.” And, if you think that’s awesome, fear not, that word also made their list that same year, along with incredible and unbelievable.
So, what are we to do? Well, we dig deeper into our box of words. After all, we’re writers. In the spirit of creativity, we’ve assembled a list to get you started.
- Alluring, Ambrosial, Astonishing, Astounding, Awe-inspiring, Awesome
- Beauteous, Beautiful, Bewitching, Beyond words, Blue-ribbon, Bonny, Breathtaking, Brilliant
- Capital, Captivation, Charming, Classy
- Darling, Daunting, Dazzling, Delectable, Delicate, Delicious, Delightful, Divine
- Elegant, Enchanting, Enthralling, Enticing, Ethereal, Exalted, Excellent, Exceptional, Exhilarating, Exquisite, Extraordinary
- Fabulous, Fantastic, Fascinating, Fearsome, Fetching, First-class, First-rate
- Glorious, Gorgeous, Graceful, Grand
- Ideal, Impressive, Incomparable, Inconceivable, Incredible, Indescribable, Ineffable, Inspiring, Irresistible
- Lovely, Luscious
- Magnetic, Magnificent, Majestic, Marvelous, Mesmerizing
- Prodigious, Radiant, Rapturous, Ravishing, Refined, Resplendent
- Savory, Scrumptious, Sensual, Sexy, Shocking, Spectacular, Splendid, Staggering, Striking, Stunning, Stupefying, Sublime, Superb, Supreme, Surprising
- Tantalizing, Thrilling, Top-notch, Transcendent, Tremendous
- Unbelievable, Unearthly, Unutterable, Uplifting
- Wonderful, Wondrous